The Bonnie Doon Leisure Centre has set to open tomorrow January 15th, 2020 after going through 3 years of renovations. Renovations included:
- Conversion of the freshwater pool to saltwater
- Select tilework within the facility (pool and pool deck)
- Upgrades to pool deck drains
- Removal of exterior exit vestibules
- Front entry modifications including the addition of a cash handling room, and revisions to the family change room
- Concrete structural remediation
- Mechanical and electrical upgrades including the ventilation system, pool skimmers and piping, and select lighting
- Select plumbing fixture upgrades in the change rooms
The renovation for the pool was originally supposed to take 1-year but it ended up taking 3 years and Edmontonians have been anxiously waiting for the pool to open. The project timeline for rehabilitation of the Bonnie Doon facility was extended due to major changes to the amount of work and project budget. Often times with older buildings, the full extent of work is not uncovered until there is an investigation deep into the building structure. This work cannot occur while the building is occupied and in full operation.
At Red Door Cleaning we as a company are proud that we were chosen to complete the post construction and final cleaning of the pool. We were given the post-construction cleaning job because we use safe, non-toxic eco-friendly anti-bacterial cleaning products.
Registered programs at Bonnie Doon Leisure Centre start in January. Bonnie Doon is known for fun, fitness, and friends in a family atmosphere!