How does the staff at Red Door prioritize tasks when cleaning?
When cleaning a large facility such as a school or large office, it’s important to prioritize tasks in a way that maximizes efficiency and effectiveness. Commercial cleaning takes planning and a skilled, knowledgeable approach. A business can offer many unique circumstances depending on the services they provide. The size of a commercial property can also factor in and takes special consideration so that items are not missed. In the Edmonton area, businesses come in so many shapes and sizes that in one list of clients it might be that no two are alike. How do we keep our quality and services at the same standard for each one?
Here are some general steps we at Red Door Cleaning follow:
1. Assess the overall cleaning needs: Before beginning the cleaning process, assess the entire facility to determine which areas need the most attention. This assists us to prioritize our tasks and allocate our time and resources accordingly. The order of many tasks is crucial for not only timeliness but also sanitization. For example, cleaning the floor first and then walking all over it to clean everything else, is a bad choice. You will be cleaning that floor again before you leave.
2. Focus on high-traffic areas: Start by cleaning the high-traffic areas such as hallways, entryways, classrooms, bathrooms and offices. These areas tend to accumulate more dirt and debris and are more likely to harbor germs and bacteria. In addition, these high use areas are usually the ones that your clients and staff see the most. Therefore, it will be important to ensure that they put your best image forward.
3. Address health and safety concerns: Ensure that areas such as restrooms and kitchens are given top priority. These areas tend to be hotspots for germs and bacteria and can pose health and safety risks if not cleaned properly. Red Door Cleaning uses different colored microfibre cleaning cloths to clean toilets vs other areas of the bathroom or kitchen to completely eliminate cross contamination. The importance of proper cleaning protocol in these areas cannot be overstated and we strive to stay consistent and reliable in our procedures.
4. Consider the cleaning schedule: Determine the frequency of cleaning required for each area based on the level of use and the type of activities that take place there. For example, an office may need to be cleaned more frequently than a meeting room. Your front reception area will need more frequent attention than the other entrances/exits. We take these things and work them into a schedule built specifically for your commercial space. Then we adhere to this schedule every time we visit. We keep track of what is done and this information is available to you at any time. In addition, we are flexible to make changes as needed. The first few months are always a trial and error process that almost always lead to requests for adaptations. We actually welcome this and look forward to these discussions as it leads to improved customer satisfaction.
5. Planning ahead: We always consider factors such as the availability of cleaning supplies, equipment, and personnel when planning your cleaning schedule. We look to avoid any delays or setbacks in the cleaning process. Once we establish a rotation for the different jobs at your building, we will come prepared and set up to do those jobs each time they are due. Our staff are trained to be prepared for the job ahead and get things set up so that cleaning is done flawlessly without issues or interruptions.
6. Follow a systematic approach: Our staff are trained on how to develop a cleaning routine that follows a systematic approach, such as starting from the top and working your way down, or cleaning from left to right. This will help them to avoid missing any areas and ensure that the cleaning process is completed in a thorough and efficient manner. You would be surprised to know that many people do not have the ability to clean properly. It is work that is tailored to certain personalities and talents. Once selected due to their skill or experience, we ensure that our staff are trained to enhance these talents and their attention to detail is the result. We know that you will be satisfied with their work and if not, we will ensure your concerns are addressed and remedied immediately.
By following these steps, we can prioritize tasks and consistently have a cleaning process that is efficient, effective and, repeated quality. We guarantee our work and your customer satisfaction. Every time.