Keeping healthcare facilities clean is not just important for the employees and patients, but insuring they are always clean is important for the health and safety of everyone in the facility. Healthcare facility cleaning is more than just emptying the trash and straightening the exam room. It is necessary to clean every surface thoroughly to prevent the spread of harmful germs and bacteria. Having a commercial cleaning company like Red Door Cleaning is necessary for sanitizing and disinfecting surfaces and to provide a healthy and clean space for your patients.
Building A Cleaning Program for your Healthcare Facility
Setting a good first impression the moment each patient walks through your door by having a professionally cleaned medical office can help build trust. Making sure your facility is always clean showcases the trustworthy service your facility and team offers. However, making sure your facility is always looking at its best takes time and effort with constant cleaning tasks that need to be addressed with each facility being unique with its own cleaning requirements.
To ensure your facility is always looking it is best and clean, it is important to have a cleaning company like Red Door Cleaning to provide you with a customized cleaning program. Having a customized cleaning program in place makes certain that you are planning and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone who visits your medical facility.
Here are some ideas your medical facility may include in a cleaning program
- Do you have peak times during the year for your medical facility that would require an increase in cleaning?
- Are some days busier than others for your facility thus requiring more frequent cleaning?
- Does cold and flu season encourage more systematic sanitize services, including cleaning all common areas multiple times a day?
- Are there certain days, such as stat holidays where your medical facility will be closed? If this is the case with your facility this can be a good time for deep cleaning jobs such as floor scrubbing, carpet cleaning, and other deep cleaning services.
- Establishing guidelines for your staff to follow checking if high traffic areas need to be cleaned after busy periods.
It is important that your cleaning program is tailored to the requirements that are needed for your medical facility. Having a company like Red Door Cleaning with experience cleaning different medical facilities can help.
Importance of Structured Training
Standard commercial and office cleaning services are mostly performed after hours but during business hours it is important that facility staff also perform cleaning services in areas such as exam rooms after a patient leaves. The staff operating your facility are most likely highly experienced and have a specific set of skills and may be required to perform cleaning duties during business hours to ensure your facility remains clean. It is key that your staff understands the importance of these cleaning tasks and why they are required through written guidelines and proper training. Some things to address with you staff are
- The proper use of cleaning agents and ensuring they are used the right way
- What is the procedure during an incident or spill? Training is important so your staff follows proper cleaning procedures.
- Does operational cleaning become secondary during busy times?
- What is the procedure regarding maintaining cleanliness for staff workstations?
Using the Right Cleaning Products
Using the proper cleaning products is important for safety and effectiveness. The products used should be selected based on the level of cleaning that is needed. Just as important are the types of surface that are being cleaned. There is also a need to determine all-purpose cleaning vs sanitations vs disinfection. When cleaning a glass partition, you would use a standard glass cleaner, but would that be appropriate to use on non glass surfaces? Of course not, and this is when the use of specific cleaning products needs to be defined.
Having a commercial cleaning company like Red Door Cleaning can help define what products are and should be used. Red Door Cleaning can source the proper cleaning agents that would be required to meet the guidelines of cleaning a medical facility. Contact Red Door Cleaning today for commercial and medical facility cleaning services.